Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Teddy Jack Eddy" Terrorized Me





Way back, say 1959 1960ish I would always go to my favorite movie theater on Saturday. The Penn Theater on North Penn between 11th and 12th Streets in Oklahoma City was a stomping ground as a young tike. I would be dropped off by my father and would spend all afternoon watching two and sometimes three features at the family owned Penn. Having befriended the owners son who was the same age as I, we had the run of the movie house, along with the other stores in the small but successful strip of businesses. It was on various Saturdays that "Teddy Jack Eddy" would tease and terrorize me and other small children. I remember the buck tooth big kid like it was yesterday. Teddy Jack lived in the McKinley neighborhood at the time and he and another famous person, Candy Clark (of American Graffiti fame-the girlfriend of Charlie Martin Smith) have been documented as knowing each other during this time. I don't remember Candy but I am sure she was a tag along with the big guy.








No comments:

Post a Comment